The candidates before applying for the exam must ensure that they are eligible. The eligibility is verified in the later stages and the candidates who are found ineligible are not considered for the merit or rankings. Either the registration fees are refunded in such cases:
- The candidates who are appearing or who have appeared in class 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates studying or appeared in any stream of class 11 (Science, arts or commerce) are eligible.
- Candidates who are appearing in class 12 (Science only) in 2019 are eligible. The passed or dropper students of class 12 are not eligible.
- Class 12 science candidates are only eligible to appear for ATSE 2019.
To appear for the test the candidates need to have 2 basic requirements, they are described as follows:
- Computer / Laptop: The participants must have a laptop/computer. The laptop/computer must be in good working condition. Do check the memory, hardware and software status before the exam day. Also, make sure to delete any cache in the system.
- Webcam: Ensure that your laptop and computer has a webcam connected. Since the exam is not monitored manually, the webcam will be used for the purpose of recording the examinees movements and activities during the test.
- A fast internet connection: participants must have a good internet speed in their home or at the venue from where they plan to take the exam. An internet speed above 2mbps is considered a good one.
- Browser: A good browser is important to take the test. Use only Google Chrome to take the test.
- Mobile Phone: Before the start of the exam, the candidates will get an verification intimation in their mobile number that is registered with ATSE 2019. Thus keep the mobile phone handy before the test starts.